Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
It's an interesting one this week. Obviously I'd never want to swap places with characters who die, or characters who end up in horrible situations but there are still many characters who i definitely wouldn't want to swap places with for various other reasons. It's a real thinker this week...
1. Becky Bloomwood. As much as I love her and all her antics, the kind of situations she gets herself into don't appeal to me at all!
2. Harry Potter. Hogwarts sounds like an awesome place but dealing with dement ours just isn't for me!
3. Any character in a Nicolas Sparks novel. They just seem to go through terribly dramatic things that leave everyone heaving with sobs, no more drama needed here thanks!
4. Dex in One Day. Love the book, the ending killed me, definitely couldn't bear to be him!
5. Harriet Manners. A geek girl I love but I wouldn't want to feel the pressure to conform to the world of modelling and still try and stay true to who I am, definite conflict hell!
6. Todd in The Knife of Never Letting Go. I honestly couldn't cope with having a taking dog, being able to hear everyone's thoughts, have my mum vanish and be on the run! (Hence why I haven't read the rest of the trilogy!)
7. Any of the characters in This Child of Mine by Sinead Moriarty. There is so much drama and pain in the novel, it must have been hell to live through, definitely not something I could handle!
8. Bliss in Losing it. Going to college and feeling the pressure to get a boyfriend and get on with it. I definitely wouldn't want to go through that again!
9. Raven in Storm and Stone. All the pressures of secondary school, worrying about your financial situation and then something far more sinister going on as well? No thank you!
10. Jess in Better Together by Nicola May. She goes through so much drama in her relationship life I just wouldn't want any of that again right now, definitely wouldn't want to swap places with her!
I've tried to include a mix of genres and ages of books, believe me there are many other characters I would NOT want to swap places with, this Si just a selections. Let me know what you think, or if you've produced a list of your own...