Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
I couldn't think of which debuts I'm looking forward to in 2014 so I thought I'd take a look back at debuts that I'd enjoyed in 2013, I actually read more debuts than is realised which is fab.
1. Geek Girl by Holly Smale. This made it into my top 10 2013 novels and the sequel was just as good!
2. Losing It by Cora Carmack. This was released as an ebook the year before but a debut paperback in 2013!
3. The Kissing Booth by Beth Reekles. This was an amazing debut considering the fact that it was written by a 17 year old doing her a levels. A lovely YA contemporary!
4. The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman. This was a truly lovely debut that I know everyone will have loved as much as I did!
5. The Arcade by Kitty Charles. This is a monthly serial that I have enjoyed immensely this year and a debut for this 'author' which is in fact a pseudonym for 6 other best selling authors...
6. Moody Not Broody by Kathryn Player. Loved this novel about modern day relationship expectations & teaching!
7. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simison. This book was so funny and entertaining and given the publicity it received, I'm obviously not the only one who thought so!
8. Cupcakes At Carringtons by Alexandra Brown. This is a fabulous debut and I'm so pleased it's turned into a series of 2 novels and a novella!
9. The Naughty Girls Book Club by Sophie Hart. An amazing book club book that has a fabulous spin off of an actual online Naughty Girls Book Club!
10. No One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday by Tracy Bloom. I loved this novel way more than I expected I would and yet I still have no read her second novel, despite preordering it!
So there you have it-10 of the 2013 debuts I loved last year. I'm sure I will enjoy tons more debuts this year as well as future novels from all if these authors. Leave me a comment with your top ten debuts you're looking forward to and I'll be back with another top 10 next week!