Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
I love this, it's my chance to take part in thanksgiving and I think I'm going to purely do the things I'm thankful for as a blogger.
1. Firstly I am thankful that I can read. I love listening to audiobooks and being read to, but the actual physical process of reading is so fulfilling. The children I teach can enjoy picture books and there are some amazing examples of these around but we teach them to read words so that they can explore new worlds and fall in love with stories in whatever format they chose!
2. I am thankful for libraries. There has been times in my life when I haven't been in a position to buy books, there has barely been enough money to buy food and so the fact that I was able to visit my local library when I ran out of books on my shelf, I am very thankful for. I discovered some new authors that way and still borrow hardback books and audiobooks from the library now as they are generally too expensive to justify buying.
3. I am thankful for all the lovely authors out there. Every author I have met at an event or a signing has been so lovely. They don't seem blasé about us fans and always seem to have time to chat to us, taking a genuine interest in what we have to say as readers.
4. My twitter friends. I am so thankful for all the people of twitter. They feed my love of reading, tell me about new upcoming books and share my reviews and thoughts.
5. An extensions from number 4 I am thankful for other bloggers. They have been so lovely welcoming me into the blogging community, helping me get contacts at publishes, alerting me to events and wanting to meet up and swap books, they know who they are and I am thankful for them all!
6. I am thankful for my friends and family who are always so understanding when I'm stuck in a good book or have a deadline for a blog post. They are supportive and let me have my reading time, and they buy me lovely books when I can't afford them.
7. I am thankful for chick lit. I find it an amazing form of escapism and I don't know where I'd be without being able to dive into those fictional worlds when I've had a bad day or I'm stressed out!
8. I'm thankful for my kindle, yes I know it's sad! My kindle has been amazing for getting review copies of books, downloading books quickly when I haven't been able to get out to a bookshop and being light enough that I can fit it into the big pockets of my coat and I've instantly got hundreds of books at my fingertips.
9. Bookshops. I am thankful for Bookshops because they too form an escapism for me. They smal lovely, you can hold the books and flick through them. They alert you to new books, books you might enjoy if you liked another book and they are peaceful an quiet, a total haven. Plus you can get books from them!
10. Finally I am thankful for the holidays (there is a book link here I promise) they mean I can have a rest from work, see my family, drink tons of gingerbread lattes and mulled wine and have time to sit down guilt-free with just the pleasure of reading and nothing else!
What are you thankful for? Have I left anything out? Link me to your top tens or leave a comment below!