Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This is an interesting one because a lot of these would probably be quite similar to covers I found scary from a couple of weeks go. Bear with me...
1. lord of the flies by William Golding, I hate this cover and it strikes fear into me, not just because I had to study it at secondary school and hated it.
2. All the new covers in the Abi Glines series. I really liked the cover of fallen too far and think that it represented the new adult genre better than the new ones. These seem like an imitation of 50 shades of grey to me...
3. Lying to meet young Ana Garner. I did a cover reveal for this and thought the cover was really fun. Having read the book, however, I think this doesn't fit the book. I think a photographic cover would suit better!
4. The early Jenny Colgan novels. I really like the new covers that have been redesigned for all of Jenny Colgan's novels, but this means that my existing Jenny Colgan novels don't match!
5. In the same way, I love the new design of Paige Toon's novels. I've stopped by Paige Toon Marathon for the moment but as she has a new one out, I will be picking this up again soon! I'd like them all to match so a brilliant box set of them all would be amazing!
6. Ok so I loved this book and I do really really like the cover but I like the US cover so much more! So I'd like to redesign it so I can have both! Witchfall by Victoria lamb.
7. Teardrop by Lauren Kate. Now I've nothing against this cover BUT I received a lovely proof copy of this novel and I much prefer the cover of the proof, it's super shiny and we like that!
8. Forever by Judy Blume. This is a favourite novel of mine but I really don't like the cover, it kind of makes me cringe, I much prefer the newer editions of this...
9. Riders by Jilly Cooper, I think because this book is a bit of a cliche. I'm not sure if it can be a cliche if its the original but it does make me cringe rather!
10. Finally anything with a film cover. I like the original covers and so I'd rather buy that than the film version.
Not too many surprises there I don't think and in many cases its just a case of preferring the original cover or the new cover. Let me know what made your top ten or just leave me a comment, I love to hear from you!