Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Because I've started my blog this year, there have been several authors who are new to me that I've discovered this year so I'm really pleased to be able to showcase them here this week. Some of these authors have had a debut novel this year, and some are those who I've only recently discovered, mainly through recommendations from other blogger, but sometimes through them contacting me with books for review. So here goes...
1. Holly Smale. I've loved Holly's Geek Girl Series this year, she was new to me and a lot of other bloggers and one of my favourite this year!
2. Emma Garcia. This author had a debut novel this year which I loved and I hope she has something else out again really soon!
3. Tamara Ireland Stone. I discovered her novels and marathoned them earlier this autumn. I love her writing and the storyline of both these novels was fantastic!
4. Cora Carmack. I read Losing It and was them able to follow that up with Faking it and have since devoured everything else this fabulous New Adult author has come up with. I was lucky enough to meet her earlier on this year and am definitely glad I discovered her this year!
5. Mia March. I downloaded The Meryl Streep Movie Club at the start of this year and was overwhelmed by how lovely it was. I can't wait to read her latest novel Finding Colin Firth and am definitely glad I found this author this year!
6. Sophie Hart. Not only did I love this authors novel, the Naughty Girls Book Club, but she has since started hosting a monthly book club herself and I have so enjoyed taking part in that this year, it has been fantastic and am looking forward to reading whatever she comes up with next!
7. Paige Toon. As a massive chick lit fan, you would think that I'd have read something by this author sooner but I only actually began my Paige Toon education this year after being encouraged by Victoria to pick up her novels. I still haven't read them all but I was lucky enough to meet her as well this year and I have just a few left to read. I will be continuing to enjoy her novels next year I am sure!
8. Beth Reekles. This young author blew me away with her debut novel, The Kissing Booth earlier this year and then her next novel, Rolling Dice was even better. I think it is amazing that she manages to write such mature novels at such a young age and am pretty jealous to be honest. I am very glad that I discovered her this year though!
9. John Green. My friend made me read the fault in our stars this year and then I discovered John Green's YouTube channel as well, and it's been fabulous fun, so pleased I read that book!
10. Sinead Moriarty. I only discovered this author at the end of the year but i was so bowled over by this novel, the drama and the heartache that it contained. I do have another of hers on my kind,e to read and so I shall look forward to that in the new year!
I could list a whole other ten authors that I've discovered this year as there have been so many good ones, but I think narrowing this down to 10 has been good for me. I like reflecting on the books and the authors that I've read so this has been fun. Leave me a link to your top ten or any thoughts that you have on the authors that I've debuted this year.