Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
A good one for newer readers this week. If you love watching romantic comedies then there are some amazing books out there, also romantic comedies which you will love. If you desire escapism and something easy to settle down to then my top ten list this week is for you!
1. Anything by Jane Costello! Her books are funny, fast-paced and have brilliant romance in them!
2. Anything by Jenny Colgan, the same goes for this fabulous author!
3. The Meryl Streep Movie Club by Mia March. This is a well-rounded novel that even features an actress regularly in romantic comedies!
4. Anything by Sophie Kinsella-amazing romantic comedies and the queen of chick-lit!
5. Anything by Paige Toon-brilliant escapism guaranteed!
6. How to Get a (Love) Life by Rosie Blake. A fantastically funny read showing the world of dating in its true light!
7. Anything by Alexandra Potter. Her novels are funny, romantic and always have just that little bit of magic in there too!
8. Anything by Lindsey Kelk. These novels are funny and romantic and have a really strong heroine so definitely one if you love a strong female leading your movie!
9. Anything by Milly Jonson. If you like your romantic comedies home-grown, this author does a wonderful Yorkshire setting!
10. Anything by Scarlet Bailey. Although her novels are normally set at Christmas time, she is coming out with a wonderful summer read this year and it will definitely inject the usual fun and frolics that you find in her Christmas novels I am sure!
So there you have it. So,e fab authors/books for you to pick up if you're a fan of romantic comedies. Let me know if you have suggestions for other genres of books/films I should be checking out in the comments below...