Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Now then this week was a little tricky a) because I don't like dwelling on books that I'm NOT going to read and b) because I wasn't sure whether to do books that are around and popular right now but that I had no intention of reading or go for ones sitting on my shelf that I know I'm not going to get round to reading any time soon... I think I'm going to go for books by authors that are pretty popular right now but that I will never read...
1. Anything by Cassandra Clare-very much hyped on Book Tube but really not my up of tea!
2. Anything by Stephanie Meyer. I've seen one film and that was enough for me, just not that into vampires!
3. Anything by Stephen King. Again I've watched a lot of these movie adaptations but I'm not a fan of being scared when I'm reading-I need my sleep!
4. Anything by Lee Child. Whilst I have got a lot more into crime recently in the form of psychological thrillers, I don't think I'm going to go as far as one of these authors who has a litter of crime novels under their belt. I think I'd feel a bit like someone who turned up late at a party where everyone knew each otrher!
5. Anything by Ian Mcewan. I tried with Atonement but the writing style just wasn't my cup of tea so I don't think I'd get on very well with any of the other novels-as awesome as they sound!
6. The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. I've tried really hard to get into this book, I've tried it on audiobook as well but I'm just not that into it so I don't think I'm going to finish it!
7. A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin-just not my thing-sorry!
8. The Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth. I've seen the first film and that was enough for me to know again that I probably won't like the books!
9. Anything by Anthony Horrowitz. I'm not a fan of the Alex Ryder books. I've heard Anthony Horriwtz talk and, whilst interesting, it kind of convinced me that he's just not my kind of writer!
10. The Rest of the Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner. I own them but I wasn't enamoured with the first book so they're not going to be read my me!
I feel really mean saying I'm not going to read any of these books, there are soooooooo many books I am going to read though so they more than cancel out any of these ones. Apologies to those authors, they're all amazing writers but just not my cup of tea.