Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Now there are some seriously awful movie adaptations out there, but there are some really good ones too, I loved the movie adaptation of Little Women and who doesn't love a bit of Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice? I often find myself saying out loud or in my reviews, this book would be awesome as a movie so I'm quite excited about this weeks top ten! If you're sitting comfortably then I'll begin...
1. Both novels by Beth Reekles. The Kissing Booth and Rolling Dice both had quite a movie feel for me and so I think they'd be really good as teen movies and would make mega bucks!
2. The I heart series by Lindsey Kelk. Now I know these books feature in like, MOST of my top tens but they are so so good and would make an awesome move franchise (as would this authors other novels for that matter!)
3. The Naughty Girls Book Club. I think this would make a totally awesome movie, it would be a real heart warmer and I can see the characters in the coffee shop now discussing the books and reading them in between times, it would be a fab rom com!
4. Cupidity by Holly Hepburn. I said in my review that this should be made into a movie, I thought it was really funny and would work well on the big screen!
5. Moody Not Broody by Kathryn Player. I loved this novel, it had me laughing out loud. I think that this would be my first choice for a TV series, along the same lines as channel four's Teachers but from the female point of view...
6. Cross My Heart by Carmen Reid. I didn't know if I was going to like this book but it totally had me gripped and would work really well as a WW2 movie but from a teenage girl's perspective.
7. Any of Paige Toon's novels. Because all of these moves have a kind of escapism theme to them, they would be fabulous as a films, you could sit back on the sofa and be transported to another place for a romantic adventure!
8. The House We Grew Up In by Lisa Jewell. I think this would make an excellent film, a real saga it would have you on the edge of your seat to the bitter end (just as the book did)
9. Dearest Rose by Rowan Coleman. I would love to see any of Rowan's books made into a film but this one in particular is a real game changer and I think that getting this across in a film would be a challenge but would have a beautiful result!
10. The Arcade by Kitty Charles. This excellent monthly serial would make an awesome soap. I think seeing this even weekly on the screens would be a real scream and you'd have people tuning in to every episode to find out what drama was going to unfold next. If you haven't checked out this fab series, get it downloaded now!
If you're interested in any of the books, click on the links to try them for yourself!