Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
I'm slightly loathed to write this one because it will make it seem like I don't want to read these books & I want rid of them, which I don't. Sometimes though there are books which symbolise the end if an era, books you're not in the mood to read right now & books sent to you which you're not sure you'll like but could turn out to be serious gems! I'll do my best...
1. Nearly-weds by Jane Costello, this is the only book I haven't read by this author & if I read it I'll have nothing left, I don't fancy that prospect very much.
2. The Uglies series by Scott Westerfield. I was recommended that series but, as yet, haven't been in the mood to read it!
3. The Shiver series by Maggie Steivater. Same reason as above really...
4. Castle Hill by Samantha Young. This book and it's sequels is another I haven't been in the mood for, I think I need to be in the right frame of mind for something erotic & I just haven't been recently.
5. New York by Edward Rutherford. I loved the premise of this one but now seeing it's extreme thickness sitting on my shelf, I'm not so sure.
6. Riders by Jilly Cooper. Again, loved the sound of this one & downloaded it on audiobook but I just can't seem to get into it & there is still at least a day of listening left!
7. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton. I thought, right let's read the booker prize-winning book this year-I can do it! Turns out, I might NOT be able to do it!
8. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. This covers a lots of the classics sitting on my shelf actually, I really struggle to get into them & yet I know, I KNOW I would like them if I could just make some inroads...
9. Looking for Alaska by John Green. I think I'm going to have to be in a happy mood for this one!
10. The Diamond Ring by Primula Bond. I recently finished a couple if series & was really disappointed by the last book-I don't want that to happen with this one!
So there you have it-a mixture of reasons & I know I will get round to reading these books, some soon, some not to soon but I will, for now though-they remain on my shelves.