Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This is a bit of a tricky one because I've been so so lucky to have met tons of authors over the last couple of years. Some of my favourite authors to be precise and so there really aren't that many authors left that I haven't met. On the blog I list my favourite authors as Lindsey Kelk, Rowan Coleman, Milly Johnson, Carmen Reid, Ali Harris, Sophie Kinsella, Jenny Colgan, Marian Keyes and Kate Harrison. I'll begin by listing those in that list that I haven't already met and then chuck in a few more for good measure. This is a terribly greedy top ten therefore, here goes!
1. Carmen Reid. I love this writer and her new young adult novel last year was just awesome.
2. Sophie Kinsella. A chick-lit queen and author of one of my favourite books of all time, I'd love to meet her!
3. Jenny Colgan. I was supposed to meet her last summer but I was really ill so unfortunately I missed out, hopefully the opportunity will arise again soon.
4. Jane Costello. Another author who I will hopefully be able to meet soon. Her novels always cheer me up so I'm sure meeting her will have exactly the same effect!
5. Lisa Jewell. This was another author I was going to meet last summer but missed out on due to the horrible holiday bug and again, I hope to be able to rectify this soon.
6. David Nicols. Again an author of one of all time favourite books, I think I'd totally Fangirl over him though!
7. Helen Fielding. Another of my favourite books' authors and such a witty lady I'd love to have a chat with her!
8. John Green. I know a couple of people who have met this clever writer and went to pieces, he's such a funny person and I love his YouTube videos so I'd love to meet him!
9. Stephen Fry. I know he's kind of more a celebrity than an author but I found his writing so interesting and I just think he'd be awesome to have a conversation with...
10. Holly Smale. I just loved her Geek Girl books and so did the kids at school so it would be amazing to meet her and also to have her come and visit my school!
So there you have it. I am jammy enough to have met so many wonderful authors and I still want to meet more! Let me know in the comments which authors you would love to meet...